- 517 cats came into our care*
- 515 cats live outcomes (adopted, returned to owner, transferred, released)*
- 246 dogs came into our care*
- 245 dogs live outcomes (adopted, returned to their owner, transferred)*
- Live Release Rate**: 99%
- 763 in | 760 out
*A small percentage of dogs / cats were lost and returned to their owners.
** The majority of the lives lost in 2020 were sick cats/kittens that were found/brought in poor condition and needed to be euthanized off site, and a few were senior dogs that had medical and/or complications.
***A shelter’s “Live Release Rate” is the number of live outcomes divided by the number of total outcomes. At RBARI, No animal is euthanized to make space for another. RBARI is committed to all of our dogs and cats until a home is found. Euthanasia is only considered for medical necessity, for instance if a dog or cat is suffering with a medical condition that cannot be fixed and their quality of life is diminished.
- 499 total cat/kitten adoptions
- 73% of adoptions were kittens (< 1 year old)
- 27% of adoptions were adult cats (age 1 year and above)
- 200 total dog / puppy adoptions
- 16% of adoptions were puppies (< 1 year old)
- 56% of adoptions were adult dogs (age 1 year and above)
- 28% of adoptions were senior dogs (age 7 and above)
Cat Intake Program:
- 33% of cats/kittens were stray.
- 18% of incoming felines were owner surrenders
- 38% cats / kittens came from local animal shelters.
- 11% Other (returns/shelter offspring)
Dog Intake Program:
- 27% dogs / puppies were stray.
- 48% of incoming canines were owner surrenders.
- 44% dogs / puppies came from local animal shelters.
- 5% other (returns/shelter offspring)
- 100 active volunteers assisting with all aspects of RBARI’s operations
Ramapo-Bergen Animal Refuge (EIN 22-6094179) sincerely thanks our donors & sponsors:
Golf sponsor, leave up til 9/1/17
Golf Sponsor, keep up til 10/1