Dog Kennel Morning Cleaning Volunteer
- Dog Kennel Cleaning Volunteers help our staff with the essential tasks needed every morning to ensure our dogs are in a clean and safe environment. Morning cleaning volunteers assist with spraying off and cleaning out the dog's runs and cages, wash dishes, perform laundry, sweep and mop the kennel areas, and other cleaning tasks as needed.
- Dog Kennel Managers and Volunteer Manager
- After submitting your application, our team will review all applications and will be reaching out solely to those applicants that meet our shift availability and who we are moving ahead with an in-person interview. Approved volunteers will be contacted to fill one of our weekly recurring shifts. Morning shifts run from 8:00 am to 10:00 am throughout the week/weekend.
- Must be able to bend, perform routine and recurring motions, and stand on your feet for the duration of the shift
- Must be comfortable around cleaning chemicals; using appropriate protective equipment such as gloves at all times
- Must be conformable and able to operate/spray off runs with a hose
- Must be able to commit to a recurring shift each week, and if not able to attend, communicate with the Dog Kennel or Volunteer Manager prior that you will not be available during your shift
- Must be comfortable working around dogs of different temperaments
- Must be able to do lifting of supplies up to 30 lbs. as needed or with the appropriate equipment.
- Check Kennel board, kennel cards, and staff for information and special instructions about the dogs needs
- Enter the dog kennel safely and following instructions at all times
- Empty the dogs enclosure of all items and spray/clean the run following RBARI's cleaning protocols
- After cleaning/drying the runs, set them up with the appropriate items for the dogs
- Wash and sanitize dog bowls and enrichment items
- Check the washer and dryer, and switch loads when they are complete.
- Other general cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to read, write, listen and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to follow established instructions and safety/cleaning protocols at all times
- Must be able to work effectively with staff and other volunteers.
- Experience/comfortability working independently.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the waist and knee and carry 30 lbs.
- Must be able to work around and use cleaning chemicals with the appropriate PPE.
- Exposure to potential hazards including animal waste, disinfectants, high levels of noise, potential for animal bites and scratches, diseases that can be transmitted from animals to people.
- A recurring, weekly, 2-hour shift for a minimum of six months
- Rubber sole, closed-toed/heel shoes and long pants.
- Select shifts available throughout the week. Please include your availability on your application.
- We ask that all of our volunteers are able to fill at least one recurring shift a week for a minimum of six months once accepted as a dog kennel volunteer. Please know that there are limited spots available as a dog kennel volunteer to fill the needs of the shelter, and we will reach out only to those who meet the requirements and availability of the position.
Ramapo-Bergen Animal Refuge (EIN 22-6094179) sincerely thanks our donors & sponsors:
Golf sponsor, leave up til 9/1/17
Golf Sponsor, keep up til 10/1