Ramapo-Bergen Animal Refuge, Inc. is founded on the belief that all animals have a natural right to humane treatment including proper care and safe shelter. Due to overpopulation, there are insufficient homes for many homeless cats and dogs. Some are lucky enough to find temporary shelter and a few even find permanent homes. However, it is a devastating fact that the majority are either euthanized or forced to chance life without shelter.
To support our belief and to relieve the unnecessary suffering of animals, we shall:
- Extend every effort to find, evaluate, and secure good adoptive homes for animals in our care
- Provide animals with medical services and behavior therapy to the extent of our ability
- Adhere to a “no-kill” policy: animals shall not be euthanized for the purpose of providing space for new animals
- Adhere to a 100% spay and neuter policy
- Maintain continuing humane education programs and in particular to schools