- 398 cats came into our care*
- 384 cats went to loving homes
- 339 dogs came into our care*
- 331 dogs went to loving homes
- Live Release Rate**: 98%
*A small percentage of dogs / cats were lost and returned to their owners.
**A shelter’s “Live Release Rate” is the number of live outcomes divided by the number of total outcomes. At RBARI, No animal is euthanized to make space for another. RBARI is committed to all of our dogs and cats until a home is found. Euthanasia is only considered for medical necessity, for instance if a dog or cat is suffering with a medical condition that cannot be fixed and their quality of life is diminished.
- 384 total cat/kitten adoptions
- 72% of adoptions were kittens (< 1 year old)
- 28% of adoptions were adult cats (age 1 year and above)
- 2,811 total cat adoptions 2010-2016
- 331 total dog / puppy adoptions
- 18% of adoptions were puppies (< 1 year old)
- 67% of adoptions were adult dogs (age 1 year and above)
- 15% of adoptions were senior dogs (age 7 and above)
- 2,283 total dog adoptions 2010-2017
Cat Intake Program:
- 18% of cats/kittens were stray.
- 10% of incoming felines were owner surrenders
- 72 % cats / kittens came from local animal shelters.
Dog Intake Program:
- 3% dogs / puppies were stray.
- 40% of incoming canines were owner surrenders.
- 57% dogs / puppies came from local animal shelters.
- 256 active volunteers assisting with all aspects of RBARI’s operations