Lost & Found
If you have LOST your pet, here are some things to do:
- Contact animal control and the police departments of all the surrounding towns to notify them that you have lost your pet and leave a detailed description of your lost pet and a phone number where you can be contacted if your pet is found. In addition fax them photos of the animal with your contact information.
- Contact all local shelters with information and photos of your missing pet. RBARI can be emailed at email@example.com.
- Post large flyers in the area that you have lost and found the pet. Hopefully the owner or finder will see it and contact you
- Visit lost and found pets on PetFinder by clicking here
- Bergen County Animal Shelter has a list of all animals that were picked up by animal control for that week.
RBARI DOES NOT provide animal control services and cannot take in every found animal that comes to us. However, we do want to do everything we can to get that pet back to its human(s). Please always remember that lost pets are afraid and confused and may not always have their normal friendly personalities. Always use caution if you do handle a stray animal as they may carry diseases that humans can catch. If you are unsure about an animal's personality, please DO NOT handle that animal and call animal control or the police right away!
Lost Pet Resources